All That Glitters PART 2: The Stories Greta's Favourite Jewelry Pieces Tell About Her

Greta:

Though Grace and I have a lot in common, we are on opposite ends of the Gold-Silver spectrum. While I’m doing my best to expand my metal horizons, one look at the image below reveals I’ve still got a lot of work to do (anyone else smell a New Year’s resolution???). I am a fan of big, bold pieces; however the jewelry I wear every day tends to be much more understated. So, without further ado, here is a quick look at some of my most used and abused pieces!


1.       A classic cuff bracelet I picked up in the H&M sale a couple of years back. The bold and simple design of this piece perfectly embodies everything I look for in...well everything (where jewelry and clothing are concerned that is). The chain detail is a fun addition to this otherwise minimalist piece.

2.      This Swarovski bracelet was purchased on the first and only cruise I've ever been on. A very close friend of mine also nabbed this piece of arm candy, so it’s as much a symbol of our friendship as it is a symbol of my reverence of all things shiny.

3 & 5.   I wear these two rings every day, so as you can imagine, accidentally leaving the house without them makes for an incredibly uncomfortable day. #3 reminded me of ocean waves, which my ultra sentimental 18 year self thought made it the perfect piece to serve as an emblem of my grad trip to the DR with all my best lady friends. The latter was a compulsive purchase made by yours truly on her way home from Mexico, no sentiment necessary.
4. This dainty little engraved bracelet is another every day staple for me. It holds a very special place in my heart, as it was a Christmas present from a very very close friend of mine. Each side is inscribed with our nicknames (respectively) which we picked up on a trip we took to Roatan, a beautiful little island off the coast of Honduras. 

(I’m only now starting to see a theme here...apparently I really like to buy jewelry on vacation)

6. I've only very recently started to explore the world of dainty, pendant necklaces. I had owned this wishbone charm (bought at the annual Beaches Jazz festival in Toronto) for a number of years before I actually started to wear it. I love its design and what it represents (what can I say, I’m a dreamer with a penchant for good luck charms!). Additionally, it works great in combination with some of my chunkier statement necklaces. 


This last piece was a very generous gift from my parents for my 22nd birthday. I had loooong wanted a big girl watch, but the fact that it’s Marc Jacobs (by MARC JACOBS in collaboration with MARC by MARC JACOBS from MARC JACOBS...) is just icing on top of an already delicious cake. My favourite things about this watch? It’s over-sized design and unique colour!

Jewelry trends that I’m loving: knuckle rings, minimalist long pendant necklaces, and ornate bib necklaces (i’m talking gems and sparkles)

A jewelry trend I could do without: too much of anything, less is more

What’s on my radar: Everything from the "anomie" website, the latest business venture from one of my favourite bloggers and YouTubers, “Chelsea Wears”. Check out the website here!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment