All That Glitters: The Stories Grace's Favourite Jewelry Pieces Tell About Her


What kind of story does your jewelry tell about you?


Grace:

I’m a huge fan of minimalistic, classic, and timeless pieces, and a big believer in letting a few jewelry pieces do the talking for you. While trendy pieces are always great, it's the jewelry that brings back fond memories of a special place that I traveled to, a milestone in my life, or someone I really care about that I wear every day.  Despite trying to broaden the horizons of my collection, you can definitely see that I have more of a penchant for gold/rose-gold hues (and Greta, in contrast, for silver!)

Below are a few of my all-time favourites *drumrolls, please...*:





From left to right: 1. An ornate gold bracelet that my grandmother, a reknowned jewelry merchant back in her day in Vietnam, had designed for me; 2. a men’s-style gold watch from Fossil; 3. a simple pearl necklace that once belonged to my mother; and 4. statement earrings and a statement necklace dotted with pearls that I picked up from a little boutique downtown.

While I love delicate, simple jewelry for every day wear, I’m also a big believer that if you’re wearing a simple sweater or dress, adding a pair of statement earrings or a statement necklace can instantly jazz that outfit up a notch.  I am also a huge fan of details!  Here's a closer look:



My grandmother had a custom-designed, ornate gold bracelet made in celebration of the birth of her very first and eldest granddaughter (me!) The details of this piece are particularly meaningful to me because the etched golden leaf design is a Vietnamese symbol of strength and resilience, while two charms dangling from the side (can you see them?) are a heart and a key that remind me of the unwavering love and support that I am surrounded by with every choice I make. I love delicate little tokens that are symbolic- they just add such personal touch to the jewelry that make it that much more your own.



The simple pearl pendant on a delicate gold chain and the featured oversized men’s watch are my go-to for class because they compliment just about everything.  I like to dress up my boyfriend blazers and dress shirts with the men's watch (rendered more feminine with the diamounds surrounding the watch face), which are appropriate for both work and school.  When planning for a dressier night out, attending a special event, or joining friends for brunch, I opt for mixing my statement pieces with a clean-cut dress or skirt.  Never underestimate the kind of different switching up a bolder necklace with a more delicate pearl one can make; for me, it’s all about achieving balance and having fun with it in the process!

Jewelry trends that I’m loving: Sigma rings and monogrammed necklaces

A jewelry trend I could do without: Oversized hoop earrings - less is more

Check out Greta's post on her favourite pieces of jewelry here!

Until next time,

x

No comments:

Post a Comment